WHAT IS HORMONE YOGA?
WHAT IS HORMONE YOGA?
Since 1992 Dinah Rodriguez, a Yoga Teacher and Dr. of Psychology from Brazil, researches on the effect of certain yoga practices on the endocrine system. From these studies she developed a set of specific exercises to reactivate hormone production and recommended them to be practiced from the age of 35 to prevent menopausal symptoms. In women younger than 35, Hormone Yoga helps to improve fertility and to remove symptoms of PMS. Over time the practice has also shown to be beneficial for most other hormonal imbalances, like Thyroid Dysfunctions, Diabetes Type 1 & 2 or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
It can also lessen the chance of osteoporosis or the chance of cardio-vascular diseases later in life.
Hormone Yoga also promotes a positive attitude towards the changes of menopause in women, to be recognised as a natural and valuable phase leading to wisdom and maturity. A time in which new energies are set free and women can take more time for their own spiritual growth.
It is recommended to practise Hormone Yoga 2-4 times a week for at least 8-12 weeks to see results.
Benefits of Hormone Yoga:
● Activates the glands, the abdomen and pelvic area
● Tones the pelvic floor and other muscles, strengthens the bones
● Improves flexibility
● Improves digestion and metabolism
● Harmonises the nervous system
● Brings general Relaxation and Rejuvenation
● Helps to improve fertility
● Helps to eliminate Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), improve symptoms of PMS
● Helps to balance the hormones after pregnancy and pregnancy loss.
● Reduces hot flushes related to menopause
● Improves self-perception and awareness
● Strengthens self-confidence and a positive attitude towards your own body - balances mood swings
● Reduces fatigue and anxiety
● Improves memory and concentration
● Improves intake and distribution of prana
● Revitalises the energy centres connected with hormonal glands
in cases where estrogen level should not increase e.g. severe endometriosis, fibroids/myoma or breast cancer
in case of any other cancer - check with your doctor
after a surgery
in case of acute psychosis
in case of any hormone-related disease ask your doctor for advice
during menstruation - some modifications will be given or you can take a break from your hormone yoga class
Watch a short hormone yoga class on YouTube to get a better idea of how the practice looks.
NEXT 6-WEEK HORMONE YOGA COURSE
Thursday 6 January 2022
Every Thursday Online 6.15-7.30pm (Irish Time)
If interested in joining the next course , please fill out the HYT Interest Form and I will be in touch with you.
If you are an existing Hormone Yoga Student, feel free to book the course here or contact me for other package options.